2016 SRM/IMS Summer Tour & 35 Year Range Team Reunion – July 23 & 24, 2016
Join us for the upcoming 2016 Society for Range Management/International Mountain Section Summer Tour and 35 year Range Team Reunion! The scheduled dates are July 23rd and 24th, 2016 at the new University of Alberta Rangeland Research Ranch (Mattheis Ranch) near Brooks, AB. We would love to see you there!
If you have any questions about the event, or would like to get involved, please get in touch with Tracy Kupchenko (Tracykupchenko@gmail.com).
Please pass on the invite to other friends, colleagues and Range Team members to spread the word and help make this years’ tour the event of the summer!
Networking, professional development and fun all in one! We look forward to seeing you soon!
What Makes 2016 Different?
The 2016 IMS summer gathering will have a slightly different “flavour” this year. The theme is “reconnection and celebration.” Reconnect with the land and with each other; rekindle some of the IMS summer traditions; visit seasoned members and encourage new ones; celebrate our members and our purpose. Adding the celebration of 35 years
A few things happening this year:
- We look forward to meeting many new faces this summer as well as strengthening the wonderful relationship we have with our US members. SRM is need of new members, particularly in Canada, so this is a great chance to invite them out and show them what a great group they can become a part of.
- University of Alberta (U of A) Range Team has been going strong for 35 years; also something to celebrate!
- Dr. Barry Irving, a well known SRM member among many of us on both sides of the border, has announced his plans to retire from teaching in 2018. This year marks the 30th year he has coached the highly successful U of A Range Team.
- Tour the new Mattheis Research Ranch. Many (or most!) haven’t had the pleasure of experiencing the new Mattheis Research Ranch… so why not plan a big gathering at the ranch itself?!
- All IMS members and local ranchers are welcome to come share their stories and experiences.